Monday, November 4, 2013

SEO 101

Here I am staring at a wysiwyg editor on a website that is far less traveled than most. Why am I blogging here you ask? The answer is quite simple: SEO. 
Many people claim to have the "secret formula" to SEO. While they may be good at what they do and advise you to follow their formula, behind closed doors they will all take one look at this blog and say "nice". The reason? It's all in the name. 
When you are branding a product or a person, the best thing you can do is get their name out there. Where is "out there" you ask? The answer is simple. "Out there" is in as many places as possible.
I try to get my name as a personal url on as many websites as I can. If you look at the url bar on your browser right now you will notice that my name is spelled out because I have personalized my url. This is SEO 101. 
  • Get your name out there.
  • Keep your name the same on every online profile.
  • Constantly create fresh content.
  • Share your content on all of your other social pages.
If you follow those simple rules you will build a great SEO base to build off of.
Good Luck!!

Joe Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment